Fall River Celebrates Arts, Culture, and Community!
Join in the fun as the Greater Fall River community comes together in a unified celebration of the power of the arts and culture to make a difference and change our lives, and our City, for the better.
FREE fun for ALL AGES, taking place in the areas around the Government Center (S. Main St and Sullivan Drive, at Pocasset). Details will be released on this page and we will continue to update this and our Facebook event page to bring you the most up-to-date information available!
VIVA COMMUNITY Activity Zone
City Hall Plaza | 11am – 2pm
- Come and explore the best activities and organizations that the SouthCoast has to offer!
- Free activities, giveaways, and more!
- Learn more about what’s going on in your community!
- Participants include: Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Department of Children and Families Foster Program (DCF), Fall River Youth Violence Prevention, Organization Standing Together, SER Jobs for Progress YEEP, People Incorporated, Greater Fall River RE-Creation, Bristol Community College, and more.
VIVA VIVA KIDS “Love your Selfie Garden”
Gromada Plaza | 11am – 2pm
- FREE Activities for kids of all ages!
- Snap a selfie at one of our Selfie Stations from RL Designs
- Crafts and more with the Children’s Museum of Greater Fall River.
- Take a photo with Mirabel from Encanto!
- Join in a Spray Art Class with Little Lambs
- Paint rocks and design your own creations with RivaRocks
- Laughing Yoga and Storytime with local author Joanie Woodward
- Race Matchbox cars at the Gromada Racetrack!
- Hopscotch, bubbles, and more fun surprises!
Opening Day! Fall River Farmers & Artisans Market
Old Second Street | 11am – 3pm
- 35+ artisans, makers, and specialty producers. Full list to be posted here soon!
- 11am – 1pm Live music from Guilia Khoury
- A selection of Food Trucks!
VIVA LIVE on Sullivan Drive
Sullivan Drive will be closed to traffic to allow for a dance floor and room for our biergarten!
- 11am: Enjoy a performance from students at Studio Life Performing Arts
- 11:30am: Get your dancing sneakers on and join the Fall River YMCA for a fun session of Family Zumba!
- 12:45pm: Congratulate the winners of the Fall River Youth Violence Prevention Peace Poster Contest!
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm – The Narrows Center for the Arts presents the Pearly Baker Band, New England’s most beloved Grateful Dead tribute band since 1985! Bring your own chair and enjoy our food trucks and Troy City Brewing biergarten!*
*Must be 21+ to enter the biergarten. No children allowed in the roped off area.
Please note: Sullivan Drive will be closed off to traffic to allow for live entertainment and a safer event experience for all. Street parking is free and additional parking is available in the open lot to the immediate left of the Pearl St. Parking Garage (2 blocks away.)
This event is presented by:
In Partnership with:
Special thanks to all participating organizations and our volunteers.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and the Fall River Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the MCC.
We HeART Fall River is once again pleased to be a part of SouthCoast Spring Arts, a 10-day celebration (May 6-15) of the place and presence of the arts in our communities. Visit southcoastspringarts.org for more information on events around the SouthCoast, from Wareham to Fall River!