- This event has passed.
Announcing the fourth meeting of the New Bedford Light Fine Arts Club
September 22, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Welcome to the New Bedford Light Fine Arts Club. It’s a place to celebrate talented local artists; a marketplace where buyers, enthusiasts and artists meet. And if something strikes you, it’s also a place where everything is for sale.
Our next meeting is Thursday, Sept. 22, at 6 p.m. at Hatch Street Studios.
A guide to New Bedford’s newest art marketplace:
Next Meeting: 6-7:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 22
Deadline for Artists to submit: Wednesday, Sept. 14
Where: Hatch Street Studios
What: An opportunity for local New Bedford area artists to share and sell their work to an engaged group of collectors and art enthusiasts. Read about how we were inspired by the Detroit Fine Arts Breakfast Club.
Who: Any local artist who practices in one of the fine arts and all prospective art buyers
Format: A short introduction from New Bedford Light and the moderators, followed by 50 minutes of artist presentations, followed by a 30-minute “Afterglow,” a loosely structured open discussion among the artists, buyers and other attendees about art-related topics.
- Buyers will have a chance to ask questions of each artist during the meeting.
- After an artist finishes presenting, buyers will use the contact info provided during the meeting and on New Bedford Light’s website to set up a private transaction to purchase art.
- Buyers are encouraged to stay and take part in the “Afterglow,” a 30-minute open-ended art discussion afterwards.
Art Enthusiasts Guide
- If you’re interested in attending but don’t consider yourself a buyer, you’re more than welcome! Just walk on into Hatch Street Studios at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22.
- Even if you don’t buy or sell, you’re encouraged to stay on and take part in the “Afterglow,” a 30-minute open-ended art discussion afterwards.
- Each week up to 10 artists can present. We will also select two backup artists in case of any last-minute cancellations. Interested artists must fill out this online form, including a short bio and description of the work they’re looking to sell. Artists will upload images of their work to be displayed on our website. Our curation team will review all applicants and those selected will be notified via email the week before the event.
- During the meeting, artists will be introduced by the moderators and will have five minutes to present their personal story and their two pieces of work. It is suggested to leave one or two minutes for the audience to ask questions.
- Artist contact information, submitted through the form, will be presented during the meeting and on New Bedford Light’s website. Buyers will contact artists on their own to set up private transactions to purchase art.
- If an artist makes a sale from the NBFAC, they must report it on this form. Individual sales information will remain confidential.